Fortunately there is a quick and inexpensive way to raise your showerhead. You can install a shower arm extension between the existing shower arm and the showerhead. A shower arm extension can raise your showerhead several inches and requires only a few minutes and a couple of tools.
A shower arm extension can be purchased at a home improvement or hardware store. They come in several styles and finishes to match your existing showerhead.
To install a shower arm extension:
- Remove the showerhead (be careful to not scratch the finish)
- Apply Teflon tape to the end of the shower arm
- Attach the shower arm extension to the end of the shower arm (tighten with pliers)
- Apply Teflon tape to the male end of the shower arm extension
- Attach the showerhead to the shower arm extension (tighten with pliers)
- Adjust the angle of the extension as necessary