Do you often get leaks when you are putting plumbing connections together? You could use Teflon tape to create a water tight seal and avoid leaks. Learning where to use Teflon Tape is just as important as learning how to use it.
Where To Use Teflon Tape:
- Use Teflon Tape on any threaded connections that don't have a built in rubber seal.
- Shower Arms
- Shower Heads
- Threaded Tub Spouts
Where Not To Use Teflon Tape:
- Any Gas Connections or threaded connections with a built in rubber seal.
- Faucet Flex Lines
- Water Heater Flex Lines
- Flared Fittings
Tips For Using Teflon Tape:
- Always wrap the tape in the same direction that the fitting will be tightened
- Don't apply Teflon to the first thread
- Start at the end (one thread back) and wrap the tape away from the end of the pipe
- Use at least 4 to 6 wraps of Teflon tape
- For cosmetic purposes, over-wrap past the threads and once the fitting is on peal back any exposed Teflon tape.